By Pamela Palumbo, CEO
How I love the peaceful days between Christmas and the new year. Basking in the sweet celebrations of Jesus, listening to Christmas music, and finally having the time to watch my favorite movie, “It’s a Wonderful Life.”
By now, we all know the story of George Bailey and his Christmas-time revelation of how his simple, faithful life impacted so many others. But it is one profound little question, spoken by the angel Clarence, that never fails to bring me to tears.
“Strange isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?”
How well this applies to the women we minister to in our offices – and the babies they carry. God has a plan for each precious life. What ‘awful hole’ will they leave if they are not given the chance to be born?
I think of some of the lives that have been saved through God’s work in this Ministry in the past 39 years and the impact each one has had, including:
- Liz, who as a brave teen chose life for her son, celebrating Christmas this year with her grandchildren;
- Little Tyler, watching the lights on the Christmas tree, snuggled in his mother’s arms;
- Addison and Matt, grateful that they chose life for their baby and excited for her arrival in the new year;
- Ben and Jonathan, rambunctious twin boys learning to ride their new bikes under the watchful eyes of their parents; and
- Jeanna, feeling the joy of the season differently this year, having found healing from her past in our Post Abortion Bible Study.
But Clarence’s beautiful quote applies to you as well. Your life touches so many other lives, lives you don’t even know about!
When you say “Yes” to partnering with Wellspring Life Ministry, God allows you to become His hands and feet, ministering to women and families in crisis. You will never know how many lives you have touched with your partnership, at least not on this side of Heaven.
We are blessed to count you as one of our partners. Thank you.
If you’d like to join us as a financial partner but have yet to make a year-end gift, please use the button below.
Happy New Year – and God’s blessings be with you.
Pamela Palumbo, CEO