Our next Volunteer Training Course begins Tuesday, June 13, 6-9pm and will run for 10 weeks. Classes meet at Faith Community Church (1306 Riedel Rd, Gambrills, MD 21054). If interested, please complete the Volunteer Application (below).
The Volunteer Training Course is a stimulating and interactive series of classes designed to prepare individuals for lay counseling in the PC Ministry. This class welcomes both male and female volunteers and lasts 10 weeks.
Using the Bible as a guide, the Volunteer Training Course covers various counseling and communication skills as well as information on critical topics, such as abortion methods, adoption, abstinence, and sexually transmitted diseases.
Training Topics Include:
- The Power of Communicating- Foundational skills of relating
- Dynamics of a Crisis-Insight and steps to intervention
- Weapons of Love-Your ministry as a compassionate listener
- The Role of the Gospel-Equipped to share God’s word
- Abortion-Physical, emotional and spiritual aspects
- A donation of $40 per person is required to cover the cost of the materials used in training. (Scholarships are available for those in need of assistance.)
Questions? Contact Angela Murray, Outreach and Volunteer Manager, 410-431-5000.
Click to learn more about volunteering.
Pay the $40 materials fee for the training course